SWIM: 400 Meters (Pool)
BIKE: 14 Miles
RUN: 5 Kilometers
The Middle Tyger YMCA Triathlon is a hidden gem in the AAA South Carolina Triathlon Series. Having been in existence for many years, this event is one of the newest to join the series. With it’s challenging, yet fair bike and run courses and world class 50 meter pool swim, this event is one that keeps growing year after year.
The 400 meter swim is held in 50 meter pool at the Middle Tyger YMCA. This 8-lane pool allows for one-way swimming in each lane eliminating almost all congestion found in many pool swims. A simple rule of thumb is that swimmers change lanes each time they hit a wall.
The 14 miles bike is best described as rolling with no major climbs. Completely held on mostly quiet rural roads, this bike course will reward strong cyclists while still providing a chance to spend a fair amount of time in the aerobars with some flat stretches.
The 5K run course is held on very quiet back roads rolling through neighborhoods before a stretch through two local school grounds before returning to the finish line. While it is not flat, it also wouldn’t be described as hilly and will be very comfortable for anyone accustomed to training in the Upstate.
Event #5 of the AAA Car Care South Carolina Triathlon Series
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- The Latest: Slovakia wants tests for nearly all in nine days
- Colleton County deputy dies from COVID-19 complications
- A snowboarder survived an avalanche and caught the heart-racing experience on tape
- Greenville Singles rebuild home
- FBI conducting investigation at Upstate home, officials confirm
- FBI: “Authorized law enforcement activity” being conducted in Easley
- DHEC launches pilot vaccine clinic, vaccinates over 600
- Lindsey Graham blames PELOSI for Capitol riot because ‘she didn’t provide enough security’
- How empty stadiums proved useful during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Jamie Lynn Spears blames Elon Musk and Tesla for killing her cats