A thirty minute training that will allow you to mentor at the schools that are in our community
Mentor Upstate promotes the development of mentoring programs in schools and after school programs in upstate South Carolina and beyond, by recruiting and training mentors, providing resources and support to mentors, and enlisting community involvement.
Our goal is to support as many children as possible through positive, real one-on-one relationships.
Mentor Upstate’s simple, in-school mentoring program was developed by the Frazee Center, an afterschool, preschool and summer program dedicated to supporting under-resourced children in downtown Greenville.
The program is simple for schools to manage and for mentors to commit to. After completing an application, training and background check, mentors visit with a student once a week during the child’s lunch or breakfast at school. The schools choose the children need the extra support that mentoring provides. Mentor Upstate supports the schools by continuing to recruit and train mentors and supports mentors by offering resources to help them as they establish their relationship with their student.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Capitol Rioters Were Among Those Who Held Out Hope For A Trump Pardon And Didn’t Get It
- South Carolina Lawmakers requesting more Covid-19 vaccines
- Would A Deshaun Watson deal would be ‘the biggest trade in NFL history’
- Activities That Will Get Your Heart Rate Up
- North Carolina Records Biggest one-day drop in Covid-19 hospitalizations on record
- South Carolina mom who won Worst Cooks in America arrested for ‘homicide’ of three-year-old daugh
- History teacher explains the inauguration to kids, how to celebrate change
- Inaugural Poet Amanda Gorman reads ‘The Hill We Climb’
- President Trump leaves White House for final time on Marine One: full video
- DHEC working to ensure 'every drop' from vaccine vials coming into SC goes 'into arms'