Marbin is a progressive jazz-rock band based in Chicago, IL, with a unique story that stands out in today’s music world. With a do-it-yourself approach, Marbin started touring in 2011 and has played over a thousand shows since, bringing their original instrumental music everywhere in the States that they could book a show. After well over a thousand shows and more than 20,000 albums sold, Marbin has gained thousands of devoted fans all over the worldwide. Marbin has released five albums with Moonjune Records: Marbin (2009), Breaking the Cycle (2011), Last Chapter of Dreaming (2013), The Third Set (2014), and Aggressive Hippies (2015).
In addition to their regular schedule, Marbin has toured with Allan Holdsworth’s trio with Yellow Jackets’ bassist Jimmy Haslip and drummer Virgil Donati of Planet X, as well as Scott Henderson’s trio, which included Mike Clark and Jeff Berlin. Marbin has also recorded and performed with drummer Paul Wertico, (Pat Metheny Group), bassist Steve Rodby (Pat Metheny Group), percussionist Jamey Haddad (Paul Simon), Wayne Krantz, and more.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Sensory Suite being offered to families living with autism
- FBI vetting National Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack at inauguration
- Gov. McMaster visiting Spartanburg Medical Center Monday
- How President-elect Biden's Peloton bike could impact White House security
- Buffalo Bills fans make major contribution to Lamar Jackson's favorite charity
- Oscar Mayer hiring team to drive its Wienermobile across the US
- Videocast: Warming Up This Week
- FBI Investigating Home in Easley
- Predicting how successful Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence could be for the Jaguars