Make-A-Wish South Carolina Running Wild For Wishes Fundraiser April 27th @ Jocassee Valley Brewing
Each year Make-A-Wish®South Carolina grants more than 130 wishes – each one a life-affirming testament to hope, inspiration, and resilience.
Running Wild For Wishes is an endurance program that offers a network of adventurous running opportunities to support Make-A-Wish South Carolina. Whether you’re a seasoned runner or just beginning your journey into the world of outdoor fitness, there is an event for you to take part in.
Each participant has to raise $1310.00 in order to run in one of the events that support the program. This year Oconee County three participants from our area raising funds for MAWSC, Mack Whitmire, Joe Rowland and Nicky Rowland. All proceeds from the food sold at JVB on April 27th go toward supporting our Oconee runners. All monies raised go directly to Make A Wish South Carolina to give a child an extra moment of hope in their struggle with life threatening illness.
We will have the Celtic band Emerald Road performing music that evening and in celebrating that Celtic flavor further the food that night will be traditional Irish fare including Bangers and Mash and Corned Beef and Cabbage!! Plates will be $10 each and food will be served starting at 4 pm. #inthevalley for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Aquarium moss balls sold at NC pet stores could contain invasive species, NC Wildlife says
- 76ers teammates Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons to miss NBA All-Star Game over contact tracing
- Video Captures Idaho Families Burning Face Masks In Front Of The State Capital
- Retail and restaurant workers worry about safety as states ease mask rules
- Man Skating With ‘Trump 2024’ Flag Tackled at Central Park Ice Rink
- Watchdog accuses Duke energy of misleading state regulators.
- Another ex-aide calls Cuomo's office conduct inappropriate
- Major Winter Storm! Heavy Snow & Arctic Blast Possible Mid March!
- 7 things you should clean every single day
- 70 years later, a US Army chaplain's remains are found