With Maeve Hendrix
April 25 – 26, 2020
All Levels Welcome
300-hour YA credit
Saturday, 10:00am – 1:30pm
Sunday, 10:00am – 1:30pm
$125 (Originally $250)
partial 300hr YA credit*
This training is designed to offer yoga instructors a foundation in Somatic Psychology and mental health. The goal is to deepen your own awareness of how your students’ mental and emotional well-being is expressed within the body. Mental health and other health care practitioners are also encouraged to attend. You will learn to lead clients/patients through guided meditation and breathing practices, as well as trauma-informed yoga sequences. You will also be able to include these transformative practices in your self-care toolbox! This weekend will be a combination of lecture and online student interaction.
This training will take place virtually via Zoom as a live online meeting. You will receive directions on how to login prior to the start of the training. Participation during the live sessions is encouraged so that you can ask questions and receive the most interaction possible. However, we realize it may not be possible for you to attend all of the live sessions. Therefore, we will email you links to the video catalog of this training upon conclusion. The recordings will be accessible for one week to allow you to catch up on anything you may have missed in class.
• Foundations of Somatic Psychology and Neuroscience based on the most current findings and research in relation to depression, anxiety, grief, loss and trauma.
• Therapeutic skills for teaching a trauma/people sensitive yoga class and holding space for students individually with healthy personal boundaries.
• Learning about Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – a highly effective, evidence-based therapeutic practice linking mindfulness and behavioral therapy.
• Practicing and teaching guided meditation based on ACT model.
• First-hand integration of didactic information through yoga, somatic practices, and guided meditation as a group and in partner exercises.
• Practices and techniques for personal self-care as a helping professional.
Required Reading (click on book title to purchase):
The Happiness Trap by Russ Harris
Recommended Reading (click on book title to purchase):
When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron
Awakening Somatic Intelligence by Risa Kaparo
*During this time, we are offering half-time events that were once full weekends for ease of scheduling and pricing. A half-time event will be eligible for half credit. For instance, this weekend is now a half-weekend. You will need to complete another half-weekend to complete one full weekend module requirement. Please check back frequently as we are adding new half-time events as quickly as we can.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Anderson elected officials remember County Councilwoman who died from COVID-19 complications
- Vigil for woman dead from gunshot wound outside now-condemned Economy Inn
- Pregnant Bindi Irwin shares tribute to her late father Steve
- Biden to prioritize legal status for millions of immigrants
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- AnMed Health and Anderson County partner to hold COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- Bumble removed its political views filter after women reported Capitol rioters on the app to FBI
- A Florida teacher was filmed falsely telling students ‘Antifa’ was behind
- House leaders ask for FBI docs to assess any widespread failures leading up to Capitol mob
- Lizzie Borden house hits the market for $2 million