Landrum Christmas Parade & Stroll, Saturday December 15, 2018 @ 1:00pm
• The parade is at 1:00pm, not an evening parade
• The downtown Stroll is all day; merchant hours vary
• Tricia Taber is the grand marshal. She will ride in horse-drawn carriages provided by Elizabeth Holzschuh, Carolina Horse and Carriage LLC.
• Santa will greet children at Brookwood Park from 2:00-3:30pm
• Food vendors at Brookwood Park will be ready to serve by 11:30 am: Food items include barbecue, drinks, hot dogs, gourmet peanuts, cotton candy, funnel cakes, fried Oreos and candy apples.
• Parade-watchers cannot park on N. Trade Avenue this year. You are welcome to bring a chair or blankets. Road will close at 11:00am
• A pop-up Christmas Market takes place on the N. Trade green along tracks from 11:00am-5:00pm. Bridgette Sims is coordinating. If interested, please contact her at email@example.com-Vendor fee $20
•Horse Carriage rides in town
11:00am all parked cars are to be off the street on N. Trade & from the E. Rutherford RR tracks to Lyles until parade passes
12:00pm Parade lineup starts
12:30pm Roads closed until parade passes
12:45pm Roads clear and checked
1:00pm Parade begins
*Note: Greenwood Street will be blocked from 12:00pm until the parade reaches E. Rutherford Street.
*PARKING AREAS FOR PARADE: Fred’s parking lot, field behind Landrum Family Practice, First Baptist Landrum parking lots, lot directly behind City Hall, the Landrum Youth Sports field parking lot, and Landrum United Methodist Church parking lots
*PLEASE DO NOT PARK at The Hot Spot:Owner said cars will be towed*
*Parade entries are $10 each, with all proceeds benefitting a Landrum area charity.
*All entries must be received by November 30, 2018*
Dignitaries include the parade’s grand marshal, local elected officials, and, of course, Santa.
**Due to traffic congestion on North Trade Avenue, participants are encouraged to load floats prior to parade line-up. This can be done in the Fred’s/Burke’s parking lot**
*The parade route begins on N. Trade Avenue between the Depot and the fire station. It continues down N. Trade Avenue, turning left on E. Rutherford, and progresses to Redland Road with a right turn at O. P. Earle Elementary School. The parade ends at Landrum Middle School.
*City of Landrum personnel, emergency services, and the Landrum Area Business Association will assist with this year’s parade.
We are very excited for this wonderful event!*Bring the family to enjoy a hometown Christmas in Landrum!