The 11th Annual Lake Lure New Year’s Day Polar Plunge is back with the strength of a glacier as it returns “shoreside” at the Lake Lure Public Beach.
Join us as we run headlong into 2019 by plunging into beautiful Lake Lure on New Year’s Day.
Why would we do this? It’s all to support our first responders of Hickory Nut Gorge. Doing something wild and crazy on the first day of the year is just a bonus!
Prizes will be awarded to the best costume across several categories. Stay tuned for further updates, and be sure to follow the Lake Lure New Year’s Day Polar Plunge Facebook Page!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- FBI Investigating Home in Easley
- Predicting how successful Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence could be for the Jaguars
- The Latest: Slovakia wants tests for nearly all in nine days
- Colleton County deputy dies from COVID-19 complications
- A snowboarder survived an avalanche and caught the heart-racing experience on tape
- Greenville Singles rebuild home
- FBI conducting investigation at Upstate home, officials confirm
- FBI: “Authorized law enforcement activity” being conducted in Easley
- DHEC launches pilot vaccine clinic, vaccinates over 600
- Lindsey Graham blames PELOSI for Capitol riot because ‘she didn’t provide enough security’