Join us on February 14th for the 8th Annual Julie Valentine Center Luncheon presented by Bob & Lisa Castellani to hear the remarkable story of an amazing woman. Mercedes Ramirez Johnson narrowly survived a serious accident in 1995 that left her hospitalized for nearly three months. She has turned this tragedy into her life’s mission through her Second Chance Living™ program, an innovative mindset and approach with a proven track record used in professional development programs around the world. Many of her clients have adopted her mission including The Army National Guard, numerous colleges and universities, corporations and faith based organizations.
Mercedes spent nearly a decade in high-level sales in the pharmaceutical and medical software industries. As a record-breaking, multimillion dollar producer, she became the youngest female and sole Latino account executive at the medical information technology firm Cerner Corporation.
Mercedes and her story have been the subject of considerable national and international media coverage including appearances on The BBC, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Health Channel and as a recurring guest on a number of syndicated talk shows and investigative reporting programs. In addition, numerous national magazines and newspapers have run stories about her. She was recognized as one of the country’s top young Hispanic up-and-comers by People Magazine’s Spanish edition, People en Español.
Proceeds from the event will aid the Julie Valentine Center’s efforts to provide healing services to victims of child abuse and sexual assault in Greenville and Pickens Counties while increasing awareness and promoting prevention of these issues. The Julie Valentine Center counts on the love and the support of the community at the annual Valentine’s Day fundraising luncheon to help men, women, girls and boys take the courageous step in ending the cycle of abuse and rebuilding their lives. 2,600 members of our community took this important step last year with the help of the Julie Valentine Center.
Tickets are available at http://www.julievalentinecenter.org/luncheon-2018.html
Reserved tables for 10 are $500. General admission tickets $50 each. Sponsorships also available.
Contact Robin at email@example.com or 331-0560 x228 for more information
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Paste Studio on the Road: Boston 1/21 – Chris Smither, Squirrel Flower, Melissa Ferrick, Vundabar
- Military helicopter crash kills 3 in training exercise in NY
- COVID-19 variant found by NC lab could mean trouble for health systems
- NC’s COVID-19 vaccine rates increase, but still plenty of room for improvement, federal data show
- Surf photographer severely injured after facing monster wave on Oahu’s North Shore
- 3 National Guard soldiers killed in helicopter crash in New York state
- Senate confirms President Biden's 1st Cabinet pick
- Inauguration sows doubt among QAnon conspiracy theorists
- WATCH: Star-studded 'Celebrating America' features president, vice president and celebrities
- QAnon Cult Theory Faces Inauguration Judgment Day