Jordan Middleton is returning to New Groove Artisan Brewery.
About Jordan Middleton
Lyrics | Vocals | Acoustic Guitar
“Music has always felt natural to me. I’ve always known this is what I wanted to do,” says songwriter Jordan Middleton.
“I always kind of aspired to be like my dad in a musical sense. I grew up watching him on stage and have always felt drawn to performing and songwriting.” Jordan’s dad is musician Joe Middleton, whose rock ensembles Seaboard and Idlewild South, enjoyed regional success in the 80s and early 90s.
“From the very beginning, Jordan was exposed to music. He would accompany me to rehearsals and his mom and I made sure he was exposed to the classics,” the elder Middleton laughs. “You know, like Kiss, Johnny Cash, and Steve Earle.”
Joe gave Jordan a small Fender acoustic guitar when he was eight and taught his son a few chords. By the time Jordan entered high school he was living music, just like his dad.
“He had a real ability to write memorable chord progressions, but it took him a while to find his voice,” recalls Joe. “He’s developed a soulful, original style without sounding like anyone else.”
“My vocals carry the tone of the songs. I get the Gregg Allman comparison a lot,” Jordan says. “I find a way to put myself vocally back into how I was feeling when I wrote a particular song.”
“I spend a lot of time on lyrics and try to make sure I’m getting my point across without sounding like a broken record. I like to find new ways to say something that’s been said a thousand times before.”
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Capitol Rioters Were Among Those Who Held Out Hope For A Trump Pardon And Didn’t Get It
- South Carolina Lawmakers requesting more Covid-19 vaccines
- Would A Deshaun Watson deal would be ‘the biggest trade in NFL history’
- Activities That Will Get Your Heart Rate Up
- North Carolina Records Biggest one-day drop in Covid-19 hospitalizations on record
- South Carolina mom who won Worst Cooks in America arrested for ‘homicide’ of three-year-old daugh
- History teacher explains the inauguration to kids, how to celebrate change
- Inaugural Poet Amanda Gorman reads ‘The Hill We Climb’
- President Trump leaves White House for final time on Marine One: full video
- DHEC working to ensure 'every drop' from vaccine vials coming into SC goes 'into arms'