Part of the 2019 – 2020 Broadway Season. Learn more about subscribing: http://bit.ly/2J6KMcs.
Jesus Christ Superstar is an iconic musical phenomenon with a worldwide fan base.
In celebration of its 50th Anniversary, a new mesmerizing production comes to North America. Originally staged by London’s Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre and helmed by the acclaimed director Timothy Sheader (Crazy for You, Into the Woods) and award winning choreographer Drew McOnie (King Kong, Strictly Ballroom), this production won the 2017 Olivier® Award for Best Musical Revival, garnering unprecedented reviews and accolades. Appealing to both theater audiences and concert music fans, this production pays tribute to the historic 1971 Billboard Album of the Year while creating a modern, theatrical world that is uniquely fresh and inspiring.
With music and lyrics by Emmy®, Grammy®, Oscar®, and Tony® winners Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, Jesus Christ Superstar is set against the backdrop of an extraordinary series of events during the final weeks in the life of Jesus Christ as seen through the eyes of Judas. Reflecting the rock roots that defined a generation, the legendary score includes “I Don’t Know How to Love Him,” “Gethsemane,” and “Superstar.”
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Open spaces, no pharmacies: rural US confronts vaccine void
- NY lawmakers pass bill to limit Cuomo's executive power
- Trump offers early endorsement for loyal SC governor
- Here's what a 'vote-a-rama' is (and what it means for Biden's stimulus)
- Deputies: Woman in critical condition after shooting at Greenville Co. apartment complex
- Thousands of students dropped out of school due to COVID-19. Here are some educators trying to track them down
- Watch: Construction worker shot at, carjacked
- Video shows man accused of killing officer kicked out of casino for not wearing a mask
- SLED investigating after armed man on roof of Greenville Co. apartment building was shot by deputy, GCSO says
- Why was a 1993 speeding ticket just now applied to man's record?