Talk about a brand that’s taken Greenville by storm! Co-Founder Margaret Furniss and her longtime friend Ashley Warnock – now C&B’s Director of Marketing – are excited to share their unique and very special story with us. Meeting in college, living “the agency life” in NY, returning south, the challenges of creating a “big” small business (total career change, anyone?), the work/life balance…and how they’ve used their formidable marketing and entrepreneurial skills to bring the original vision to life and keep it growing through CONSTANT changes.
MARGARET FURNISS // Co-Owner, Co-Founder
Margaret has led the branding and retail arms of the company from conception in 2009. Each location reflects Margaret’s taste for fresh, healthy, and elevated fast casual food, and a keen eye for detail, art, and design. Prior to her role with Caviar & Bananas, Margaret worked as an account director at Arnell Group (Omnicom Group) in New York, where she headed accounts including G.O.A.T. (Greatest of All Time) — a collaboration with Mars Inc., Muhammad Ali, and Arnell Group — and managed marketing for GNC, where she helped to conceptualize and execute the company’s re-branding, marketing and promotions. She holds a master’s degree in communications design from the Pratt Institute in New York City, and earned her bachelor’s degree in arts management from the College of Charleston.
ASHLEY WARNOCK // Director of Marketing and Corporate Communications
Ashley Warnock oversees all communication and branding, which includes building content, managing social media, and executing marketing campaigns for Caviar & Bananas’ five locations. Her passion is to unite, encourage, and empower the growing C&B team to be brand advocates and storytellers. With 15 years of marketing experience, Ashley held positions with Arnell Group in New York where she worked on the Reebok domestic and International brands; in-house with The NBA; as an independent business owner; with the Historic Charleston Foundation; and serving the AT&T and Denver Post accounts at Bradley Reid + Associates. Warnock earned her bachelor’s degree in arts management, with a minor in Photography and Art History from the College of Charleston, and studied at the University of Tasmania in Hobart, Tasmania and at Parsons School of Design in NYC.
You can tell immediately how deeply Margaret and Ashley care about this brand and everyone who touches it. This is a rare chance to hear the marketing side of a journey that shows no signs of slowing down.
HOW TO ATTEND: Wednesday, March 14th. Networking 5:00-5:45, presentation 5:45-6:45, networking 6:45-7:15. Free to current Endeavor members (RSVP to Sally to claim your seat). Additional non-member tickets as available, in advance only, $30.*
*NON-MEMBERS: request tickets by emailing ENDEAVOR@ENDEAVORGREENVILLE.COM (indicating on FB that you’re interested doesn’t count as a registration; you still need to email because tickets are limited).
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Person injured after police car drives through crowd at race
- CDC reviewing new data that suggests coronavirus variant identified in UK could be more deadly
- 'Never this many, never this way': Nurse gives perspective on work during COVID-19 pandemic
- Videocast: Enjoy Sunday, rain on the way
- Newspaper: President Trump pressured DOJ to file case with Supreme Court to overturn election results
- Family and friends remember 21-year-old killed in crash with garbage truck
- Washington Monument closed 'until further notice' due to COVID-19
- Clemson vs. Florida State Men’s Basketball Highlights
- 7,181 new COVID-19 cases reported in NC Saturday, 122 deaths
- NC 98 reopens in Durham County after major crash