“I want you to be nice until it’s time to stop being nice.”
“Nobody puts Baby in a corner.”
In the spirit of not-so-guilty pleasures, join us in conversation with Sue Tabashnik about her latest book, Patrick Swayze: The Dreamer, a biography of the man who made those lines in Roadhouse, Ghost, Dirty Dancing and dozens of other movies lines we repeat to ourselves all the time. 7pm. This event is free of charge.
Sue Tabashnik previously published two tribute books, The Fans’ Love Story: How the Movie DIRTY DANCING Captured the Hearts of Millions! and The Fans’ Love Story ENCORE: How the Movie DIRTY DANCING Captured the Hearts of Millions! She became a fan of Patrick Swayze in 1988. She was an active member of the Official Patrick Swayze International Fan Club from 2000-2010, which included writing numerous articles for the club magazine. She had the good fortune to meet Patrick Swayze several times at movie screenings and benefit events from 2002-2004, which led her to become an even bigger fan. She has worked as a master’s level social worker since 1977.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Anderson elected officials remember County Councilwoman who died from COVID-19 complications
- Vigil for woman dead from gunshot wound outside now-condemned Economy Inn
- Pregnant Bindi Irwin shares tribute to her late father Steve
- Biden to prioritize legal status for millions of immigrants
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- AnMed Health and Anderson County partner to hold COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- Bumble removed its political views filter after women reported Capitol rioters on the app to FBI
- A Florida teacher was filmed falsely telling students ‘Antifa’ was behind
- House leaders ask for FBI docs to assess any widespread failures leading up to Capitol mob
- Lizzie Borden house hits the market for $2 million