Spartanburg’s finest, first and only improvisational theater company is seeking new members for its professional improv troupe. Auditions are scheduled for Friday, Feb. 16, 7-9 p.m., and the following Sunday, 3-5 p.m., in the basement at West Main Artists Co-Op. Light refreshments will be provided.
***RSVP to this event and/or e-mail us at email@example.com, and let us know which session you will attend!***
Auditions consist of a series of warmup, short form, long form and backline games that are designed to test participants’ teamwork, acting, comedy and quick-thinking skills.
“This is guaranteed to be the most fun audition you’ve ever been to, and if it’s the first audition you’ve ever been to, that’s okay too,” said Anna Abhau Elliott, President of Sparkle City Improv. “Improv is a performance art form that requires practice and skill, but it’s also about enjoying yourself because the audience really connects with that.”
Prior improv performance experience is appreciated but not required. Auditioners are expected to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out a short form and to meet and greet with current team members. In order to be considered, auditioners must participate in all exercises and remain for the duration of the event unless previous arrangements have been made.
“I think the best tip I can give people who are new to improv is not to focus on being funny,” Elliott said. “Comedy is important, but it isn’t everything. If you work well with your scene partners to tell a great story, then you can usually let the laughs come naturally.”
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Neighbors react to woman’s arrest by FBI for participation in capitol riots
- Greenville News Update for Monday
- Blue Monday is not real but winter’s impact on your mood can be
- Pelion native and lifelong Gamecock fan Justin Stepp excited to be at Carolina
- SC National Guard members in D.C. for inauguration security
- 76 new confirmed deaths, 4,584 new Covid-19 cases in South Carolina
- SC DHEC working to get vaccines to rural areas
- Zion Williamson erupts for 31 points [HIGHLIGHTS] | NBA on ESPN
- Urban Meyer will learn the difference between college and NFL soon – Rex Ryan | NFL Countdown
- What’s shaking in South Florida? It wasn’t an earthquake.