The League of Women Voters of Spartanburg County presents “How to Elect a President: Alternatives to the Electoral College” with Dr. Phillip Stone on Thursday, February 14, 2019, at 7:00 pm in the Barrett Room at the Spartanburg County Public Libraries Headquarters at 151 S. Church Street, Spartanburg.
Join us to hear from Dr. Phillip Stone to discuss the Electoral College – its role and history in Presidential elections and alternatives to its use. Show your country some love and learn about this feature of our democracy. Discussion will be welcome.
The event is free and open to the public. Library parking is free.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Trump says goodbye to the White House, vows to ‘be back in some form’
- Rocky’s Hot Chicken Shack opens in Greenville
- Worst Cooks winner charged in Simpsonville toddler’s death
- Wofford College going virtual for 2 weeks after COVID-19 spike
- SC Hospital Association defends vaccine distribution
- How Joe Biden has kept late son Beau with him as he becomes president
- Biden's first act: Orders on pandemic, climate, immigration
- Mayor: Madrid blast kills 2; apparently linked to gas leak
- The Big Boss (and Bruce Lee’s cultural legacy) Turns 50
- We're All Watching the Presidential Inauguration from Afar. 120 Years Ago, Americans Did the Same for the First Time