“Best “Singer-Songwriter” & “Folk/Acoustic Band” in 2016 & 2017 -Mountain Xpress” Hope Griffin will be performing for the first time at New Groove Artisan Brewery in Boiling Springs SC. Indoor show, no cover.
Born in Anchorage, Alaska, Hope Griffin was literally born into music. Surrounded by a musical family, she began singing and performing when she was very young. Hope first got turned onto the idea of writing her own music when she received a guitar at age 17. She attended Carson-Newman University and went on to receive a Bachelors degree in classical voice. It was there that her true flair for songwriting developed. Hope’s drive to perform her original works was launched after winning a songwriters contest in college in 2007. She eventually moved to Asheville, North Carolina where she began introducing her angelic vocals and folky lyrics into the music scene.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Doctors warn lung damage from COVID-19 may be permanent
- Prisma Health to hold live town hall Thursday to answer Covid-19 vaccine questions
- Don’t ignore safety guidelines after you’re vaccinated, doctors say
- FBI seeks information about woman who may have information about endangered child
- Gov McMaster says SC is making progress in vaccine rollout
- NC’s COVID-19 numbers are dropping but they’re still too high
- Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine could be approved soon
- Snow in the NC mountains, cold across Charlotte area
- NC health officials promoting app that uses bluetooth to alert users to possible COVID exposure
- Big takeaways from the latest Cooper update