Chicora Voices, the children’s choir of Greenville, will present its annual holiday concert on Saturday, December 1 at 5:30pm at First Baptist Church Greenville. The concert will feature all five of the organization’s choirs performing a variety of holiday music. Highlights of the program include “Noel, Noel” by Gevaert, “Christmas Dance of the Shepherds” by Kodály, and arrangements of traditional carols “On Christmas Night”, “The First Noel”, “Children Go Where I Send Thee”, and “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”. Choristers will sing in English, German, Latin, and on a piece titled “Ocho Kandelikas” (“Eight Candles”), they will sing in Landino, a Spanish-derived language traditionally associated with the Sephardic Jewish community.
Tickets will be available at the door beginning at 4:30 and are $15 for adults; Cash, check, and card accepted. Students under 17 and college students with a valid ID may attend for free.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Deputies respond to shots fires at Buffalo teen center
- Hot Pockets recalled over potential glass and plastic contamination
- Upcoming Major Arctic Invasion Coming to the Southeast & Upstate SC
- Investigators search for shooters outside Union County birthday party
- 96-year-old veteran graduates high school
- Meth, fentanyl trafficking arrests made in Buncombe County
- TSA looking into adding Capitol rioters to US no-fly list
- Residents Report Great Difficulty getting vaccine in South Carolina
- Latest news on Preparations for Inauguration, new details on Capitol riots
- Sweet success: This woman quit her job during the pandemic to make cheesecakes full-time