Southerners tell the best stories. In fact, I would say we spin better yarns than anyone in the country. Inspired by The Moth and Spark London, “The Yarn” is an evening of true-life storytelling. And best of all, it’s starring…you! Prepare a 5-6 minute yarn on our evening’s theme. Then, come to M. Judson & put your name “in the hat” … 8 storytellers will be picked at random to share with the audience! The only rules?
1.) It has to be largely TRUE, taking into account the exaggeration and shapeshifting that always happens with the good retelling of a story.
2.) It has to be a STORY. No poetry or novel excerpts, please.
3.) It has to be TOLD. No notes. No reading.
4.) It has to be ON TIME. Self-explanatory.
5.) Sit back and enjoy as we build a community through story. There are no winners or losers, but you will receive feedback from an audience panel, and might even be asked to tell at Alchemy Comedy’s curated Truth Be Told storytelling night!
Theme for March 2018: NERVE
The event is FREE, but we will be collecting donations for Greenville Wordsmiths, a nonprofit empowering kids ages 7-14 to discover & share their own stories through the craft of writing.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Videocast: Scattered showers return today
- NC General Assembly returns to begin work session in earnest
- Wisconsin pharmacist who sabotaged COVID-19 vaccine to plead guilty to federal charges
- IOC, Tokyo Olympics to unveil rule book for beating pandemic
- New Entertainment District could be coming to Greenville's west end
- The Latest: India vaccinates 2 million health workers
- 'Give her to us': Victoria Smith's biological family makes plea
- Harvey Guillén Breaks Down His Zoey's Playlist Departure, Teases What We Do in the Shadows Season 3
- Even with coronavirus vaccine distribution set to increase, upcoming months could be rough
- Greenville County Schools call on lawmakers to approve funds for teacher step increases