Southerners tell the best stories. In fact, I would say we spin better yarns than anyone in the country. Inspired by The Moth and Spark London, “The Yarn” is an evening of true-life storytelling. And best of all, it’s starring…you! Prepare a 5-6 minute yarn on our evening’s theme. Then, come to M. Judson & put your name “in the hat” … 8 storytellers will be picked at random to share with the audience! The only rules?
1.) It has to be largely TRUE, taking into account the exaggeration and shapeshifting that always happens with the good retelling of a story.
2.) It has to be a STORY. No poetry or novel excerpts, please.
3.) It has to be TOLD. No notes. No reading.
4.) It has to be ON TIME. Self-explanatory.
5.) Sit back and enjoy as we build a community through story. There are no winners or losers, but you will receive feedback from an audience panel, and might even be asked to tell at Alchemy Comedy’s curated Truth Be Told storytelling night!
Theme for February 2018: JUSTICE
The event is FREE, but we will be collecting donations for Greenville Wordsmiths, a nonprofit empowering kids ages 7-14 to discover & share their own stories through the craft of writing.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Congressman Madison Cawthorn: I don’t feel I had any responsibility for them attacking the Capitol
- North Carolina COVID-19 vaccine process latest
- NC sets record for COVID-19 hospitalizations
- North Carolina COVID-19 vaccine changes
- 2020 ties for hottest year on record globally
- SC first responders push for COVID-19 compensation
- ‘Do you need help?’ Orlando restaurant manager uses secret sign to help rescue abused boy
- Spartanburg wants to see pandemic through the eyes of young people
- U.S. Marshals, SWAT arrest wanted man following standoff in Henderson Co.
- Resources for healthcare workers to register for vaccine by deadline today