We are gearing up for our 2nd annual GooseChase sponsored by Mast General Store! This event will raise funds for the education programs at our park! So grab your friends and family and create a team and join us for this fun and exciting event that combines the tried and true scavenger hunt with smartphone technology for a customized adventure in our park. After the hunt we have live music, food provided by Automatic Taco, and beer from Brewery 85!
How to Play – Form a team of 2-5 people. Designate one person as the team captain and download the GooseChase app onto their smartphone. Create a team name and register your account using that team name. The day of the event we will unlock access to our game. During the game your team will complete as many missions as possible in 3 hours!
To complete a mission, select it from the list and follow the instruction to receive the allotted points. Sometimes you’ll be submitting a photo or video of your team hugging a tree or giving us your best bird call , while other times you’ll use the GPS on your phone to check-in at a specific locations throughout the park or answering a trivia question about the park or natural history of the area.
You will be able to track your progress against the other teams to see if you need to step up your game to take the lead! All submissions will be reviewed by the park staff. You might get bonus points for submissions that are extra impressive or lose points for not completing the task or following the rules. The faster you go, the more missions you complete, and the more fun you have/more creative you are the more points you will get! The team with the most points at the end wins!
1st Place will receive a $50 gift card for each team member to spend at Mast General Store.
2nd Place will receive a $20 gift card for each team member to spend at Mast General Store
3rd Place will receive a $10 gift card for each team member to spend at Mast General Store
Ages: anyone able to move quickly around the park for 2.5-3 hours is welcome
When: March 24th
9:00 am – 12:00pm – Scavenger Hunt (please arrive by 8:30am)
11:30 – 2:00 pm Food and Music
Where: 840 Mauldin Rd. Park in the lots closest to Mauldin Rd. and the playground. Please do NOT park in the lot directly behind the little league fields – that will be reserved for little league players. There will be signs to get you from the parking lot to the event entrance.
– $25 per team member for the hunt and the ‘after party’
If you register before March 9th you will get a free t-shirt! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your shirt sizes.
– $15 if you only want to come for the ‘after party’
– Food and Drinks sold separately
What to Bring –
camp chair or blanket for the after party
NO dogs allowed!
Pre-registration is required BEFORE March 16th. T-shirts included in $25 ticket price and only guaranteed to those who register BEFORE March 9th.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- FBI vetting National Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack at inauguration
- Gov. McMaster visiting Spartanburg Medical Center Monday
- President-elect Biden to nominate Gensler for SEC commissioner, Chopra to lead Protection Bureau, according to CNN
- How President-elect Biden's Peloton bike could impact White House security
- Buffalo Bills fans make major contribution to Lamar Jackson's favorite charity
- Oscar Mayer hiring team to drive its Wienermobile across the US
- Videocast: Warming Up This Week
- FBI Investigating Home in Easley
- Predicting how successful Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence could be for the Jaguars
- 'Little old West Virginia' sets pace on vaccine rollout