Join Roper Mountain for a night under the stars in the Hooper Planetarium with a 360° full immersion dome, 4K projection, state-of-the-art lighting, dynamic 5.1 surround sound and more!
Shows change every few weeks, so check RoperMountain.org for the latest information on programs and times. Current Offerings:
6 p.m.: The Cowboy Astronomer – a skillfully woven tapestry of star tales and Native American legends, combined with constellation identification, star-hopping, and astronomy tidbits – all told from the unique viewpoint of a cowboy astronomer who has traveled the world plying his trade and learning the sky along the way. Recommended for ages 4 and above.
7:30 p.m.: Oasis In Space – transports the audience on a startling and beautiful voyage through our universe, galaxy, and solar system in search of liquid water! Recommended for ages 10 and above.
Upstate’s Sky Tonight is included in the 7:30 p.m. show where you will learn about what’s happening in tonight’s sky including: planets, constellations, moon phases and special celestial events. Join the Astronomers in the Daniel Observatory for a spectacular view through the 23-inch refractor telescope. Built in 1882 for Princeton University and used for astronomical research until 1964, this historic telescope is the 8th largest refractor in North America.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Upstate interstate blocked due to crash involving tractor trailer, troopers say
- I-26 westbound blocked at mile marker 46 in Laurens County due to tractor trailer crash
- Christ Church boys basketball wins first state title in program history
- Tigers Fall to Yellow Jackets in Nail-Biter
- President Biden becomes 1st executive in 4 decades to not have formal question-and-answer session yet
- Greenville County EMS first in South Carolina to use faster, more accurate 911 system
- 'Better to be prepared': Woman says CPR training kicked in when she found her baby not breathing
- Texas governor recommends masks days after deeming mask mandate unnecessary
- USC defeats Alabama in SEC tournament, 75-63
- The Spill Canvas Boldly Battle Demons on Conduit