Upstate Forever’s ForeverGreen Annual Awards Luncheon celebrates individuals and organizations for significant contributions in fields related to conservation and sustainable growth. It’s a great opportunity to come together, and we have a fantastic event planned for 2018!
This year’s keynote speaker will be Cheri Chastain, Sustainability Manager for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. (There will also be a Sierra Nevada beer tasting at the beginning of the event!)
Cheri has worked for Sierra Nevada since 2006. In her position, she educates employees on environmental issues and programs, maintains and develops policies and projects related to renewable energy and energy efficiency, and manages zero waste efforts. She is also vice chair of the City of Chico’s Sustainability Task Force, co-chairs the Brewers Association Sustainability Subcommittee, and is on the board of the US Zero Waste Business Council.
2018 AWARD RECIPIENTS:
TOMMY WYCHE LAND CONSERVATION CHAMPION AWARD
Spartanburg County School District Six D6 Farm to School Initiative for model land use and local food program initiatives educating students on healthy eating and agricultural education.
CLEAN WATER AWARD
Catherine Heigel for her leadership in creating a South Carolina Adopt A Stream volunteer water quality monitoring program.
LAND PLANNING AND POLICY AWARD
Dean Hybl of Ten at the Top – Upstate South Carolina for going above and beyond his job description on land use policy, especially with the Shaping Our Future initiative.
PUBLIC SERVANT OF THE YEAR
Representative Gary Clary for standing up for conservation issues over the past year and multiple instances of conservation support.
VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR
Luther Lyle for outstanding conservation work in Oconee County and protecting the Oconee Town Site.
INNOVATION IN SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS AWARD
Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery for innovation and success as a model of sustainable business in the Upstate.
TICKETS & SPONSORSHIP
We are currently seeking sponsors for the 2018 ForeverGreen Luncheon. Several sponsorship levels are available, with some exciting Sierra Nevada-related perks for higher level sponsors. The deadline for sponsorship is February 2, 2018.
To sponsor the event, visit: http://weblink.donorperfect.com/forevergreen
Individual tickets are $50 and can be purchased here:
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- A’ja Wilson breaks down in tears talking about her grandmother
- South Carolina man charged in U.S. Capitol Riot
- COVID-19 vaccination site near Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia opens
- Biden to propose 8-year citizenship path for immigrants
- Pickens County man charged with having explosive device
- All-clear given after deputies investigate suspicious bag outside courthouse
- Large-scale location to get COVID-19 vaccine opens in Greenville
- The Latest: Biden won't end pandemic travel restrictions
- Census Bureau director to resign amid criticism over data
- Anderson University and city leaders honor the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.