We’re dropping 2 dark sours on you this weekend so get ready!
Notes on Achieving Orbit, weighing in at 9.2% is our native fermented dark rye ale featuring North Carolina heirloom rye malt and a blend of flavorful dark malts. This rustic refined ale was fermented and aged in regional bourbon barrels with our blend of natively collected yeasts and then soured with our locally cultured lactobacillus. The result is a subtly sour, complex, full bodied sour ale with notes of dark fruit and just a hint of bourbon barrel character to round out the flavor.
Nacht Sauerkirsche is our 10.2% crowd favorite stout with a couple of fun tweaks. We fermented, aged, and soured our imperial stout in regional bourbon barrels for nearly a year before blending in freshly brewed stout. We further aged this rustic refined ale on a massive amount of tart Montmorency and Rainer cherries. The result is a dark sour ale that has powerful notes of cherry and a just a hint malt sweetness on the nose that entices you to take another sip of this dark beauty. The flavor is an explosion of bright tart cherry dancing with the subtle coffee and chocolate notes of the base beer before fading into a dry, slightly sour finish.
Bottles drop at noon & we have events going on all day. We’re welcoming our friends from Edmund’s Oast Brewing Co. to the Upstate and the incomparable Darby Wilcox takes the stage at 8!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Video: SC DHEC Provides update on Covid-19 Vaccine
- South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham speaks on inauguration, “time to move on”
- Ben Crump & Bakari Sellers file civil rights lawsuit against Anderson Co. Sheriff’s Office
- Capitol rioters planned to ‘capture and assassinate,’ officials say
- District: Woman killed in wreck was school bus driver for Pickens Co. students
- Prisma Health to open large Upstate vaccination site Monday
- SLED says deputies used 'appropriate force' in shooting of teen girl; civil lawsuit filed in case
- Large-scale location to get COVID-19 vaccine opens in Greenville on Monday
- Where does SC rank in the U.S. in percentage of distributed COVID vaccines administered?
- How will school closures affect children in the long run? Wars, disease and natural disasters offer clues