Welcome to the Clemson Triathlon!
The Clemson Triathlon moves into its twenty first season and is a great early season tester becoming a favorite among southeastern area triathletes. It is also held on the campus of world famous Clemson University.
The Swim is a one loop 750 meter course which is always wetsuit legal with water temperatures in the low to mid 70’s. A clockwise rectangular shape swim course with start waves of less than 100 athletes per wave. Depending on the wind there can be some chop with little to no current.
The bike is a one loop 11 mile course in quiet rural roads. There is one short but steep grade with the rest of the course being best described as rolling, but on the more hilly side of rolling. Road surfaces are good and traffic is light. Turns are marked with orange pavement arrows and orange directional signs. Police and volunteers will man each intersection.
The run is an out and back 5K course onto Clemson University campus and the East Beach Dike, providing one of the most amazing views of the Clemson area you will ever see.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Heartfelt gifts that she definitely won't want to return
- Cool gifts that men actually want for Valentine's Day
- These bathroom organization ideas will make your mornings so much easier
- Governor McMaster asks state hospitals to reduce number of elective procedures
- You can shop every single product from Netflix's 'Get Organized' right now
- South Carolina reports nearly 100 new deaths, 1,800-plus COVID-19 cases in latest daily report
- South Carolina National Guard heads to Washington to support presidential inauguration
- Philanthropist Melinda Gates says ‘no excuse’ for COVID-19 vaccination delays
- These daily planners and organizers will keep you on track in 2021
- Cherokee County deputies seize over 500 pounds of meth, arrest two