Saison is a French word meaning season. It refers to a beer made in the French-speaking region of Belgium called Wallonia. Beer made in this region used regional ingredients to produce seasonal beers often brewed in late fall, aged over winter, and tapped and ready to drink for Spring. These hyper-local regional seasonal beers gave rise to the popularity of the farmhouse style ales that inspired the founding of our Brewery Carolina Bauernhaus Ales. In an homage to the founders we are hosting a Celebracion de Saison featuring 8 rustic saisons brewed with regional and seasonal ingredients, laid to rest over the winter, and now ready to enjoy for each of you! These rustic saisons feature infusions of honey, herbs, flowers and oak unique to our niche here in #UpstateSC. These bright and floral saisons offer a warm welcome to spring with a celebration of the beer style that started it all for us!
Join us from 2-10pm! Live music throughout the day with The Millstone Talents 3-5pm and headliners CONSERVATION THEORY taking the stage at 7pm.
Excited to announce our FIRST #PopUpWaffleKitchen featuring three amazing waffle combos using our rustic refined ales in the batter!
And The Taplist!:
1. Watermelon Suckle – 6.0% Farmhouse Cider with Chattooga Belle Farm Apples and Bradford Watermelon Company Watermelons fermented in Biltmore winery Merlot Barrel.
2. Andersaison – 5.6% Crisp rustic saison with hyper-local unmalted wheat, regional malts and a generous dry-hopping of Crystal and Aramis hops
3. Rustic Saison- 5.6% Mixed-culture tart saison using spelt and local oats.
4. Honeysuckle Session Saison- 4.5%Table saison with regional malts and native yeast isolated from honey suckle flowers. Light and Crisp.
5. Rosemary Lime Saison- 6.6% blended wild ale with lime and local rosemary.
6. Mint Cucumber- 5.8% blended saison with cucumber and homegrown mint
7. Chanterelle Peppercorn Saison- 6.6% blended wild ale with peppercorns and foraged chantrelle mushrooms.
8. Violet Blueberry- 5.5% Saison with regional malt, local blueberries and foraged violets. Yes it’s purple!
9. Silve Wood-fired Coffee Saison- 4.5% sessionable saison with local wood-fire roasted coffee from Silva Coffee Co. in Clemson!
10. Over The Line- 7.7% West coast inspired double IPA
11. Haze is a Four-Letter Word Vol 10- 6.2% New England-inspired hazey IPA with Azaaca and Centennial Hops brewed in collaboration with Hazelwood Brewing
12. Nacht- 10.2% Belgian-inspired oak aged Imperial Stout fermented with yeast isolated from honey suckle flowers.
13. Vale of Jocassee- 6.0% Blended barrel-aged wild ale with regional malts, native yeast and aged in Dark Corner Distillery and Six & Twenty Distillery barrels
14. Strawberry Farmhouse- 5.8% Tart saison fermented in local wine barrels with Berry Acres Strawberries
15. Opuntia- 6.2% Award winning tart rye saison with foraged prickly pears.
16. Ginger Jalapeno Saison- 6.6% Spelt saison aged on homegrown jalapenos and organic ginger from Clemson University Student Organic Farm
17. Encyclopedia Brettanomyces- 5.2% Brettanomyces saison fermented in red wine barrels with 14 strains of Brettanomyces shared by Newgrass Brewing Company and Carolina Bauernhaus.
18. Rotating Seasonal Soda/Kombucha
19. Li Hing Mui- 6.8% Tart saison with plums, sea salt and anise brewed in collaboration with Souvenir Beer Co.
20. Silva Nitro Cold Brew Coffee
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- North Carolina to pay for rides to COVID-19 vaccination sites
- North Carolina COVID hospitalizations are leveling off. Here’s why.
- Lancaster man identified as victim in cold case homicide in South Carolina
- Trump names first lawyer for impeachment hearing as McConnell seeks delay in trial l GMA
- Back in session: South Carolina lawmakers are meeting with the vaccine advisory committee for an ad-
- South Carolina Reports 3,528 new Covid-19 Cases Friday
- Greenville suspect accused in road-rage shooting said he was having flashback
- Austin wins Senate confirmation as 1st Black Pentagon chief
- Bond film 'No Time to Die' delayed again because of virus
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1 billion ahead of tonight's drawing