We are excited to announce that Camp #Runthistown is not cancelled, we’ve just changed the name! — During these unprecedented times, we are going to do something else that is unprecedented, and after 10 years, we are taking our training to a virtual platform — Camp #Runthistown, America’s 5K, Social Distancing Edition!
Here’s the plan:
We will deliver your training plan via Training Peaks, an online coaching platform accessed via your computer or phone app.
The plan will deliver a workout 3 days a week with your progressive run being on the first Day of each week.
You will have the full support of your First Flight Coach within the comments section of Training Peaks and we will continue to meet as a group virtually via Zoom Meetings.
It is our hope that the social distancing order will be lifted at sometime during the course of this training and we can shift back to in person meetings, but if not, we will grow stronger and healthier together virtually! Oh, and we hope you’ll invite your friends!
What: Learn to Run a 5K in 10 Weeks
When: Take Flight April 26, 2020
Time: 7 PM – VIRTUALLY
Where: ZOOM MEETING
Goal Race: America’s 5K – July 4th, 2020 (THIS MAY BE VIRTUAL)
After we Take Flight, future Group Meetings will be on Sundays at 7pm.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Anderson elected officials remember County Councilwoman who died from COVID-19 complications
- Vigil for woman dead from gunshot wound outside now-condemned Economy Inn
- Pregnant Bindi Irwin shares tribute to her late father Steve
- Biden to prioritize legal status for millions of immigrants
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- AnMed Health and Anderson County partner to hold COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- Bumble removed its political views filter after women reported Capitol rioters on the app to FBI
- A Florida teacher was filmed falsely telling students ‘Antifa’ was behind
- House leaders ask for FBI docs to assess any widespread failures leading up to Capitol mob
- Lizzie Borden house hits the market for $2 million