This isn’t a book club, exactly, but a chance to read meaningful books and talk about them with nice people. We’ll choose books that will help us learn and grow, but that (hopefully) won’t feel like a chore to read. You can read all the books, or just pick and choose what’s of interest to you. Join us in reading:
Yoga and the Path of the Urban Mystic
by Darrin Main (Forward by Stephen Cope)
What does the word “yoga” mean? Is yoga a religion? Is the practice really thousands of years old?
Yoga is a big subject: there is much (much!) more to it than the poses we practice on the mat. Is there a way to incorporate yogic principles and teachings into a modern, 21st century life? Yoga teacher Darren Main explores yoga’s history and philosophy and uses personal stories from his own life to illustrate the challenges of living your yoga in a very modern world. If you are ready to deepen your practice and learn about the eight limbs of yoga, the chakras, and the Yoga Sutras, this is a great place to start.
1278 Pendleton Street (Village of West Greenville)
Discussion is free—ordering food and/or tea from Dobrá is encouraged!
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- In ambulances, an unseen, unwelcome passenger: COVID-19
- 'We just wanna bring him home to a proper burial spot': South Carolina family asks for help in the Upstate in missing man cold case
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador tests positive for COVID-19
- 5, including pregnant woman, fatally shot in Indianapolis
- It’s the One year mark since COVID-19 was detected in US. Here’s what the future looks like
- Wedding ring found in septic truck reunited with owner
- Videocast: Showers likely Monday
- President Biden to reinstate COVID-19 travel rules, add South Africa
- 18-wheeler containing thousands of bees rolls over on Texas highway