Worried about encountering dogs off leash? Would you like to learn a little more about dog behavior and how to protect you and your dog?
Leah Cook with Confident Companions will lead a 1 hour seminar on best practices for loose dog encounters. Leah is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA) through the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers, and one of only three fully Certified Dog Behavior Consultants (CDBC) in South Carolina.
Leah specializes in the prevention and treatment of fearful and aggressive dog behavior. During this seminar she will share tips on the dynamics of dog to dog interactions and how you should respond to a loose dog based on that dogs behavior, how to break up a dog fight as safely as possible, and understanding your rights during an aggressive dog encounter.
NO DOGS ALLOWED during this event! This is not a training workshop.
Cost: FREE, pre-registration is required, space is limited
Where: 601 Fork Shoals Rd., this is our office entrance. The event will take place in the Shortleaf shelter. We will have someone available to help you park.
When: March 28, 2020
11:30 am -12:30 pm
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Doctor under fire for attending virtual court from operating room
- Police: Man Punches Woman On Subway Platform
- Signs of hope: COVID-19 vaccinations hit record high
- Women leaders you should know and the causes they champion
- VMI Rallies To Eliminate Furman In Overtime, 91-90 At SOCON Tournament
- Senate approves $1,400 stimulus checks
- Two people dead in Friday night house fire in Kershaw County
- March 6 marks one year since coronavirus was detected in South Carolina
- Sumter County man still recovering from COVID-19 nine months later
- Coping with pandemic stress one year later