You asked for it….. an all ages comedy show with headliner, comedian, motivational speaker, and musician, Derrick Tennant.
Friday night’s show: All ages, $14 for adults, $9 for children under 18.
Saturday night’s show: Recommended for ages 18 and up. $14 for all guests.
Derrick Michael Tennant made the most of a tragedy in his life by creating an opportunity for a career. As a promising athlete, Derrick was progressing in his dream for a career in sports when one evening he laid down but did not wake up for three days.
He had undergone what doctors would later term random bleeding from point x for an unknown reason. Paralyzed and in a coma, Derrick underwent brain surgery from which he became unable to move his left side. It would take years of therapy to re-learn the basics like walking, talking and simple daily tasks. Derrick is still unable to use his left arm and he walks with a limp, but he has learned a lot through this process.
Derrick credits one thing for his ability to make it through this process not only alive, but also learning and growing: LOVE. Receiving love from his family, his friends, and his God combined with learning to better demonstrate love in the midst of difficulty were essential to Derricks survival and vitality. After brain surgery, years of rehab and life in a wheelchair; he ultimately got on his feet again. Despite the very limited use of his left side, Derrick loves life and “looks on the RIGHT side” of things. He communicates the importance of shifting obstacles in life, work or business into opportunities.
He worked hard to overcome physical challenges and now works just as hard to help others overcome trials through his comedy, magic and inspirational speaking. Derrick formed BLEEPFREE Comedy where you can catch respectably clean shows in clubs across the country. He also landed a role in the upcoming Jeff Foxworthy movie “Crackerjack”. He plays a one armed softball player named Lefty. “Don’t get excited”, Derrick says. “I’m just a featured extra. I think that’s like getting an F+”.
From SUBWAY, AFLAC, CHICK-FIL-A, SOUTHERN COMPANY to MEDIACOM and the ATLANTIS in the Bahamas Derrick brings the funny even in a tie! When it comes to Corporate entertainment it’s important to find an act than can both makes you laugh, and effectively communicates a powerful message. Having overcome a lot in his life, Derrick is just that act. Bringing his message of turning “Obstacles Into Opportunities”. Derrick inspires, motivates and energizes his audience and keeps them smiling all along.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Coroner: Chesnee woman dies at Spartanburg hospital after collision in western N.C.
- Spartanburg PD: Fight with weapons leads to man's death
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Mega Millions' game
- Here are the winning numbers for Mega Millions' Friday drawing for $750 million
- NYT: A man has over $200 million worth of Bitcoin, but he forgot the password to access it
- Upstate County Councilwoman passes away from COVID-19 complications, family says
- Booster club raising funds to repair Walhalla HS band trailer
- Alex Azar resigns as Health and Human Services Secretary, citing Capitol mob
- Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar condemns Capitol riot in resignation letter
- Rutherford Co. deputies searching for man facing domestic violence warrants