Our philosophy at Southside is that it should not be expensive to participate in a fun activity that will improve your health so we have made our fundraiser to reflect that! We will have several Southside XC items available for donation on race day so we can continue to fund this race and our team. This is a 100% non-profit event and all proceeds will be donated to Southside Cross Country! This 5K race is a pure cross country course with the exception of a few crossings. Once the race has concluded, Fleet Feet will be on site to award the winning prizes.
Please like us on Facebook to get updated information as race day draws closer!
DONATIONS: There will be race shirts, team shirts, and water bottles available for donation. We will accept checks and cash race day. If you would like to donate before race day, please donate through this link and put “Southside Cross Country” in the memo box. If that text is not present, we will not see any of the money! Thanks for supporting our team!
The race will be held on Southside High School’s cross country course at 8am. The address is as follows: 6630 Frontage @ Whitehorse Rd, Greenville, SC 29605
Cost: $5 for 24 hours starting 7/24 at noon, then price increases to $10. Race day registration is $15
When: Saturday, July 25th @ 8:00am
Parking will be located at Southside High School. Please park in either the student lot or teacher parking lot (the front entrances from Frontage Rd will take you there). Overflow parking will be at MT Anderson, which is located .5 miles away from the race start. The address for MT Anderson is 100 Blassingame Rd, Greenville, SC 29605.
For the shortest walking distance from overflow, park in the gated area (marked with an “overflow parking” sign) and walk to the race via Jacobs Rd.
Packet Pickup: Race Day starting at 7:00am
Awards: Every finisher will be given a medal donated by the Greenville Track Club. Top finishers will be awarded prizes from Fleet Feet, Greenville Track Club, and Go-Green Events.
PHOTOS AND RESULTS:
Photos will be posted to our facebook page and results will be on go-greenevents.com
Other Services: Restrooms will be located near the start in the school’s locker rooms
Race Director: Jonathan Smith SouthsideHSXC@gmail.com
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Travelers Rest Adds New Shuttle Service
- Local organization works to provide safe housing
- DHEC to receive 100K doses next week
- Summer camps are back at the Children’s Museum of the Upstate
- Update on a woman who disappeared three years ago in the Upstate
- Pickens Co. schools get USDA grant to boost digital & distance learning in rural areas
- Wild shootout in Southwest Miami-Dade captured on surveillance video
- This hack stops you crying when you cut onions
- A Texas woman sues an electric company after her bill was nearly $10,000
- New body-worn equipment for Greenville Police aimed at use of force incidents