THE HOLIDAY SAFARI WILL BE CELEBRATING ITS 30th ANNIVERSARY!
For 30 years and counting, the preserve has hosted the Holiday Lights Safari Benefit. This family-oriented event will, once again, offer an unforgettable opportunity for children and adults alike to share and embrace the Christmas spirit. Numerous new displays, music, religious, and secular themes, programmable lighting and new, featured exhibits will blanket the hundred-acre park.
Unfortunately, COVID-19 will prevent the park from providing access to Santa’s Village during this anniversary year. It is a great disappointment to everyone at the preserve who find so much joy in sharing the holiday spirit with guests who frequent that area. However, after much debate and consideration it was concluded that due to the layout of the facilities and the large numbers of people who attend the event, there will be no effective way to allow for social distancing for guests or for the team. Everyone’s safety and well-being has led to this disappointing decision. Hopefully the following year The Village will be able to re-open brighter and better tan ever!
Extra energy and effort will be devoted to making the drive-through all the more special and memorable. A favorite adventure is driving through the Enchanted Deer Forest where herds of animals approach the vehicles and eat right out of people’s hands. (There is an additional fee to enter the deer forest.) This area has been enlarged to allow for added interaction with the herds of animals and for easier navigation.
The evening will still be crowned with a peaceful drive-through the inspirational biblical area that includes a life-sized nativity and is enhanced with Old and New Testament displays.
Proceeds from this event directly benefit the hundreds of animals that reside at Hollywild Animal Preserve, a 501 (c) 3 not for profit organization since 1999.
Admission: $7 per person for the drive-through. Admission to the Enchanted Deer Forest is optional with an additional charge of $10 per vehicle, which includes a bag of animal food.
Holiday Lights Safari hours:
Preview Saturday Nov 14th 6:00 – 9:00
Drive Through Open November 20th –
January 2nd 6:00 – 9:00
Extended hours on the following dates:
Dec 4th, 5th (Friday, Saturday) 6:00 – 10:00
Dec 11th, 12th (Friday, Saturday) 6:00 – 10:00
Dec 18th – 23rd (Friday – Wednesday) 6:00 – 10:00
Dec 23rd – Jan 2nd 6:00-9:00
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Central Texas businessman arrested after allegedly entering the Capitol during riot
- Hot-shooting Auburn wallops South Carolina 109-86
- Brad Brownell Comments on Clemson’s Loss to Florida State
- Videocast: Frosty Start Sunday
- Body found near Henrietta St. in Greenville Co.
- Professional bull riding returns to Greenville
- Body found in wooded area near Upstate detention center, coroner says
- First case of UK COVID-19 variant found in Carolinas, health officials say
- Spending more on DoorDash and UberEats? This fee may be why
- Coroner confirms fatal collision near Gray Court; troopers also investigating