The 48th annual world championship of professional bass fishing will be held March 16-18, 2018, in Greenville and on Lake Hartwell at Anderson, S.C. The event will mark the third time the “Super Bowl of Bass Fishing” will have been held here. As in previous visits in 2008 and 2015, fishing competition will take place on Lake Hartwell, a 56,000-acre impoundment on the Savannah, Tugaloo and Seneca rivers along the South Carolina/Georgia border.
Takeoffs will be from Green Pond Landing and Event Center, a modern, $3.1 million launch facility in Anderson, S.C., that was completed just in time for the 2015 Classic and was built to accommodate that and similarly large bass tournaments.
The fan-favorite Bassmaster Classic Outdoors Expo presented by DICK’S Sporting Goods will again be held in the 250,000-square-foot TD Convention Center in Greenville.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- SC DHEC Gives Covid-19 Update: January 26th
- Woodlands at Furman becomes first facility in the state to receive second dose of Covid-19 vaccine
- North Carolina COVID-19 vaccine update: Tuesday, Jan. 26
- 17-year-old arrested in mass murder, Police say family argument lead to killings
- Amber alert issued for 10-year-old abducted in North Carolina, 2 people wanted
- Watch as Large Tornado Crosses Alabama Interstate | Flying Debris Blows Out Windshield
- Asheville Outlets partnering with MANNA FoodBank to host food drive in February
- Sheriff says teen charged with murder of S.C. teacher is right where he should be, in jail
- Senate confirms Antony Blinken as Biden's secretary of state
- Eighth State Brewing Release Two Special Craft Beers Tuesday