Join the 43rd Assaults on May 14, 2018!
Early bird registration for Mt. Mitchell opens October 16!
The 43rd Annual Assaults presented by Greenville Health System will be held on Monday, May 14, 2018.
The Assault on Mt Mitchell is one of the most intense, premier cycling experiences that draws a full field of upward of 1,000 cyclists from across the world each year. The Assault on Mt. Mitchell is a 102.7-mile self-paced ride — not race — from Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium in downtown Spartanburg, South Carolina, along the Blue Ridge Parkway, to the summit at Mt. Mitchell State Park in North Carolina —a total vertical ascent of more than 10,000 feet.
The Assault on Marion is a simultaneous 74.2-mile self-paced ride starting from Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium in downtown Spartanburg, South Carolina and ending at the 5th rest stop at the Tom Johnson Rally Park Pavilion in Marion, North Carolina. Registration for Marion will open on January 1st.
Mark your calendars for the “Beast of the East”!
Photo Credit: Ian Curcio
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Carolina prisons get first wave of COVID-19 vaccine doses
- US Surgeon General Jerome Adams asked to step down by Biden team
- ‘Tiger King’ Star Joe Exotic Expected Pardon From President Trump, Books Limo
- Read the letters outgoing presidents left for their successors in the Oval Office
- Colts quarterback Philip Rivers retires from NFL after 17 seasons
- Hero Capitol Officer Eugene Goodman escorts Kamala Harris at inauguration
- Georgia soldier arrested in terror plot
- Georgia teen imprisoned overseas for breaking quarantine returns home
- Frustrations grow over Georgia’s mismanagement of COVID-19 vaccine
- Record rate of Covid-19 deaths continues in Georgia