THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT – THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
M. Judson Lunch & Lit Author Series Kicks Off with Lunch at Jianna, March 29th – “100 Things To Do in Charleston Before You Die.” // $40 Tickets per Person – Includes Book & Lunch
We’re excited to host the first in M.Judson Bookstore’s new series of book and author events in partnership with some of their favorite writers and downtown restaurants. The Lunch & Lit kicks off with a lovely afternoon at Jianna on Thursday, March 29th with “100 Things To Do In Charleston Before You Die”, by Lynn & Cele Seldon. Culinary fans, outdoor enthusiasts and travel writers, this husband and wife tam have a rich love affair with the Holy City and have built an arguably brilliant list. Come debate your favorites (or what got left out) over a special lunch prepared by Chef Michael Kramer. The event includes a multi-course lunch, a copy of the book and plenty of time to interact with the authors. $40/person (includes book and lunch).
Click the link below to purchase tickets!
About The Book: Locals, veteran visitors, and first timers are equally delighted when they hear the story of a wealthy old Charlestonian woman who was once asked why she so seldom traveled. Puzzled, she replied “My dear, why should I travel when i’m already here?” Charleston has become the darling of the Southeast United States, thanks to the city’s blend of grace, beauty, history, and oh-so-Southern dining and hospitality. Charleston has a way of charming visitors with its lush Lowcountry landscape, Civil War history, antebellum plantations, cultural and artistic opportunities, James Beard Foundation award-winning chefs and restaurants, shopping, and the gracious and welcome reception from residents. 100 Things to Do in Charleston Before You Die is filled with easy-to-follow suggestions of where to go, what to see, can’t-miss dining, outdoor recreation, events and entertainment, and where to shop ’til you drop—along with seasonal activities, suggested itineraries, and lots of insider tips.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- One dead after early morning house fire, fire chief says
- DHEC fixes vendor issue that impacted COVID-19 tracking; new data released
- Police arrest man in DC who had loaded handgun, fake inaugural credentials
- Prisma health to keep COVID-19 testing sites open on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Parts of the Upstate are seeing Snow Saturday
- South Carolina Reports 4,671 New Cases of Covid-19 Saturday
- Smokers in some states eligible for COVID-19 vaccine sooner, sparking frustration among others
- Woman Goes on Destructive Joyride in Stolen Postal Truck
- Flurries spotted in parts of Upstate, no accumulation expected
- DHEC: Delay issue for reporting new COVID-19 numbers fixed, state saw new record high of 6,824 cases on Januray 8