About The Tin Roof Farm Radio Show
We chat with all the cool kids that make the South’s food scene so vibrant. John & Amy are Greenville’s best loved chef couple and have an extensive background in the restaurant business. They love a funky diner just as much as a white tablecloth brasserie and they’ll introduce you to all your favorite chefs, coffee roasters, farmers, brewers, restaurant owners, cocktail crafters, butchers, and wine geeks. Broadcast from their hobby farm in Piedmont, SC, they’ll share insight into the growing season, raising chickens, and keeping honey bees.
About Chef John Malik
Originally from New Orleans, John Malik is a food & beverage consultant, writer, digital marketer, and cyclist. While chef/owner of 33 Liberty Restaurant in Greenville, SC, he was featured on Food Network, Bon Appetit Magazine, Southern Living, Chile Pepper Magazine, and received a nomination from the James Beard Society for Best Chef in the Southeast. John received his culinary education in his hometown of New Orleans, LA and in his years of professional cooking can count stints at Christian’s, the Eiffel Tower (both in New Orleans), Supper at Seven, The Mills House Hotel, (both in Charleston), the Augusta Grill, Stella’s Southern Bistro, and 33 Liberty (all in Greenville, SC) John’s online essays about his many food-based experiences, including competitive barbecue, appearing live with Sara Moulton, and trading shots with Anthony Bourdain, helped to renew his interest in writing. While Food & Beverage Director of Greenville’s Cascades Verdae Retirement Community, he wrote and published his novel Doughnuts for Amy .
John has mentored and worked with some of Greenville’s best known chefs including Jeff Kelly of Stella’s Southern Brasserie, Eddie Wiles of Greenville’s Nose Dive, Joe Cash, Chef de Cuisine at The Pool in New York City, Tony Keely of Northampton Wines, and Alex George of GB & D. Today you can find John’s essays on Food, Travel, and the culinary scene of the Southeast in the Huffington Post.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Chris Justus Looks Back at Greenville’s Winter and What Spring Has in Store
- Centre Stage’s Apples in Winter Now Streaming Through March 14th
- Positive cases, hospitalizations due to COVID-19 continue to decline in South Carolina
- Live Video: Watch the Greenville Zoo Giraffe Cam
- 3 suspects charged in connection to murder of USC Upstate student
- Gov. McMaster tours new Upstate vaccination clinic
- Car slams in Spartanburg body shop during chase, troopers say
- Mom charged with murder of 7-year-old son
- Can you get vaccinated if you’re currently breastfeeding or about to start breastfeeding?
- Latest COVID-19 vaccine news for Georgia: More shots coming soon