Everything bagel chicken wings | Provided
Worth a try?
Most folks in Charleston like to complain about the lack of New-York-style bagels in the area, but what if all they really needed was some wings covered in everything bagel seasoning? West Ashley barbecue restaurant Swig & Swine now offers chicken wings covered in poppy seeds, sesame seeds, minced dried garlic, minced dried onion, and salt.
Pitmaster Anthony DiBernardo came up with the idea while coping with the pandemic in April. “In times like these, people are craving comfort foods, and to me that means wings,” says DiBernardo. “But I wanted to give them a more nostalgic flavor like the humble everything bagel, which I eat every morning.”
These wings are crisped in the fryer, tossed in Alabama white sauce, and then dosed with everything bagel seasoning.
DiBernardo and his restaurant Swig & Swine are best known for smoked pork
- Rocky’s Hot Chicken Shack opens in Greenville
- 8 Spots for Italian Dining in Charleston
- Greenville Restaurateur Carl Sobocinski Featured on Food & Wine Magazine Podcast
- Greenville’s Project Host Now Offering Ready to Eat Meals
- Acclaimed Atlanta Restaurant Bocado Bar + Diner Is Latest Transplant to Eye Charlotte
- We Finally Know Who Has The Best French Fries In Fast Food
- Brooklyn-Favorite Emmy Squared Plans Charlotte Location
- The 17 Most Anticipated Restaurants Across the Carolinas for 2021
- Sign Up for Eater Carolina’s Newsletter
- 6 Quirky Objects Found at Nathalie Dupree’s Estate Sale
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Activities That Will Get Your Heart Rate Up
- North Carolina Records Biggest one-day drop in Covid-19 hospitalizations on record
- South Carolina mom who won Worst Cooks in America arrested for ‘homicide’ of three-year-old daugh
- History teacher explains the inauguration to kids, how to celebrate change
- Inaugural Poet Amanda Gorman reads ‘The Hill We Climb’
- President Trump leaves White House for final time on Marine One: full video
- DHEC working to ensure 'every drop' from vaccine vials coming into SC goes 'into arms'
- Man arrested after woman stabbed multiple times at SC Waffle House, deputies say
- South Carolina politicians, officials react to President Biden's inauguration, Trump presidency
- DHEC: 3,567 confirmed new COVID-19 cases, 56 confirmed deaths in SC as of Jan. 18