Join us for our May 8th Virtual Date Night benefiting (and featuring the delicious food of) our partners at Project Host!
The Project Host Soup Kitchen began in 1981 as an extension of St. Andrew’s Church, but by 1994, the kitchen was feeding more people than it could accommodate. It was then that Project Host moved to our current address, where we have continued to develop and serve the community. The imminent need to attack issues of hunger and poverty in Greenville has remained at the core of Project Host’s growth. The Garden opened on-site in 1998, followed by the CC Pearce Culinary School in 2003 and the Cooking for Kids program in 2007.
The Community Tap is proud to have partnered with Project Host for years, specifically the Culinary program – as grateful patrons of their catering, (seriously, some of the best food in #yeahthatgreenville y’all!) and donors to the beer/wine at their monthly Community Dinners.
These “virtual date night” dinners have created such a beautiful connection to our community, and for that we are extremely thankful. This edition intends to extend that connection to Project Host. We are excited to donate all proceeds to their cause, now more important than ever by continuing to feed those in need in Greenville.
This Italian dinner provided by Chef Tobin Simpson will include Pasta Puttanesca, Italian Sausage and Tiramasu for two, paired with 2 wines (and a special dessert beer) from The Tap!
Per normal, join Trailer-Park Somm Chad Musick (+ his gang of #tapfriends) via ZOOM at 7 pm for a fun wine tasting and discussion of the meal!
Now here’s what to do:
1) Register & Pay Now. We expect to sell out – so do it now, and tell your friends!
2) Add on, baby. Feel free to contact the Trailside Tap ahead to add to your booze package. (Call 864.236.1375 or text 864.372.9878) Make sure to be clear that you’ve purchased the Virtual Date Night package so all the goods are ready at pick-up.
3) Pick-up at THE COMMONS between 2pm – 6pm on Friday 5/8. Weather permitting, we’ll have a table set at the main Commons entrance- you can pull right up to the table to text/call before!
4) Heat and eat! Feel free to start your meal before OR during our ZOOM meeting at 7pm.
5) Join us Friday at 7:00pm on ZOOM for a live wine tasting with Chad Musick, TPS. All ticket-holders will receive a link to the tasting on Friday morning. If you haven’t ZOOMed before here’s a little bit on how it works. Per normal, we’ll have a colorful crew of guests on our panel to taste and chew the fat on this edition of VDN.
That’s it! We hope you’ll take advantage of this virtual date night with a loved one(s). Disclaimer: small group, close family, etc. (We do advise social distancing.) Or by yourself – #nojudgement.
If you like this please let us know! If you have questions please let us know! If you need a virtual hug please let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org @thecommunitytap
Upstate News Headlines
- Investigators Question Story Of Hiker Found In Zion National Park, Say Statements ‘Don’t Add Up’
- Family of Catherine Blauvelt calling for suspected killer to turn himself in
- Reports: Vice President Pence adviser tests positive for coronavirus
- South Carolina voters wait hours in long lines in Greenville County
- Car catches on fire after woman says her brakes failed, and she hit a gas pump, troopers say
- Pence adviser Marty Obst tests positive for coronavirus
- Vice President Pence to speak in Greenville this week
- Videocast: Showers, Cooler Sunday
- Tropical Storm Zeta Explodes – Hurricane Zeta Expected – Possible Huge Nor’ Easter – WeatherMan Plus
- Amber Alert issued in Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas for 2 girls