Haymaker – It’s a bit like watching a play, and a bit like watching a dream. The scenes will build on each other, push against each other, and maybe even fold into something bigger. Themes, characters, patterns, and ideas all might make repeat appearances. But you never know—and neither do we!
Alchemy’s weekly Harold team—will open up the show with an experimental blend of short-form and long-form improv, and then close out the night with their own take on the classic Harold format.
The Harold is not only the show that got long-form started, it’s also the foundation of the classes we offer in our training center! The Harold was developed by Del Close and Charna Halpern in the 1960’s at the iO Theater in Chicago and is now performed in improv comedy theaters from LA to NYC and everywhere in between. Famous comedians like Chris Farley, Mike Meyers, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and many others started their career with Harold-based improvisation and continue to use the style today.
Haymaker includes: Ben Burris, Ruth Aronoff, Nicole McAden, Manus Clancy, Steven Crane, and Callie Sharon.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Are COVID-19 patient’s lungs worse than smokers?
- Dallas police officer arrested after ordering the death of two people
- Upstate deputy gets surprise after spending 2-months battling COVID-19
- St. Patrick's Day deserves some of these 15 adorable decorations
- The top-tested pillows for side sleepers, according to experts
- Cooling pillows exist so you can always sleep on the cool side
- Hospitals, pharmacies up for new rush for COVID-19 vaccinations as J&J doses arrive in SC
- Workers clinging to scaffolding rescued after building explosion
- DHEC: Janssen vaccine will be available via independent pharmacies, some CVS & Walgreen's locations in SC
- Number of new coronavirus cases in SC goes above 1,000, again, DHEC says