New South Comedy Festival
10 days. 10 workshops. 24 shows. 250 performers! From November 7-16th, improvisors, stand-up comedians, and sketch comedy guests from across the country will converge on Greenville, SC for the 6th Annual New South Comedy Festival.
Seating is limited, so it’s always wise to pre-purchase your tickets online. All shows will be at the Alchemy Comedy Theater in downtown Greenville, SC. Street parking is available (if you’re lucky), along with several nearby parking garages.
Comedy workshops will be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on both weekends.
SKETCH COMEDY featuring The Bustercups (Columbia, SC), Unstoppable Failure (Greensboro, NC), and Bob Beshere (Greensboro, NC)
The Bustercups is a Grammy nominated and declined (that’s right, they declined it!) comedic rap duo out of Columbia, SC. Phil Carter aka Philabuster, Patrick Fowler aka MC Pcup, and producer Adrian Perez aka Freak Pheromone combine a mix of hard core hip hop, comedy and satire that will be sure to get your body moving, especially your funny bone.
Unstoppable Failure is a two-man sketch show that takes a healthy dose of absurdity and slams it against sharp writing.
Comprised of the Brothers Schraeder (A.J. and AL) Unstoppable Failure is a two-man sketch show that takes a healthy dose of absurdity and slams it against sharp satirical writing. They have been official selections at SF Sketchfest, NYC Sketch Festival, Philly Sketchfest, Toronto Sketchfest, Chicago Sketchfest and The North Carolina Comedy Festival. It’s members have had worked featured on Cracked.com and LaughExchange (now Payge) and have sold commercial concepts to major brands such as Doritos and Nescafe.
Bob Beshere has been performing comedy since his senior year of high school, after his drama teacher volun-told him and his two nerdy friends they’d be performing an improv show with two pretty girls. The show went well enough for Bob to say, “All right, this seems fine.” Bob has been performing professional improv and sketch comedy for 20 years and even dipped his toes in the stand-up abyss. He is pleased to present his show “Powerpoints,” where a screen behind him will be doing all the heavy lifting.
Upstate News Headlines
- Teachers share who they are voting for in 2020
- ACC 2-Minute Warning: Week 7 (2020)
- UNC RB Michael Carter Continues To Run Well
- Hear from doctors inside an ICU in northern Italy
- Ken Burns: Americans have always been willing to shed party labels for better leadership
- Warnings in key states over armed civilians at polls
- US to get 9th justice with Dems powerless to block Barrett
- Jerry Jeff Walker (1942-2020): The Cosmic Cowboy and Mr. Bojangles
- ABCs of Horror: “Z” Is for Zombi 2 (1979)
- ICYMI: Grosse Pointe, a Struggling WB Show About a Struggling WB Show Called Grosse Pointe