If you’re a fan of Maria Semple (Where’d You Go, Bernadette? and others) or Rainbow Rowell (Eleanor and Park and others), you won’t want to miss this Lunch & Lit. Join us on Tuesday, March 12 to hear Mary Adkins discuss her book, When You Read This.
Told in a series of e-mails, blog posts, online therapy submissions, text messages, legal correspondence, home-rental bookings, and other snippets of our virtual lives, When You Read Thisis a deft, captivating romantic comedy—funny, tragic, surprising, and bittersweet—that candidly reveals how we find new beginnings after loss.
Mary will be on hand to talk, answer questions, and sign books, and we’ll be dining at the hands of the fabulous Chef Shaun Garcia at Soby’s (which is hardly ever open for lunch).
Tickets are $45 and include a three course lunch and a copy of When You Read This.
Upstate News Headlines
- Tree splits home in half, separating family in Spartanburg Co.
- Tim Tebow on how Justin Fields’ Heisman chances change with Trevor Lawrence’s absence | First Take
- Greenville Co. Schools has plan to get wifi to all students in the county
- DHEC doctor gives tips for voting safety, Halloween safety
- Taking the fright out of holidays during the pandemic
- Trees down, storm damage in Travelers Rest
- “I will take the slave.” Upstate man bought ‘sex slave’ off website, kept her in his home, US attorney’s office says
- Videocast: Frost and Freezing
- Police investigating robbery at Spartanburg BB&T branch
- You can’t screw this up! 12 gift cards that are perfect for any recipient