Local Legends is the Alchemy Comedy Theater’s flagship weekly improv show. Every Friday night a different local legend (person of note) tells their own local legends (personal stories) to inspire this fully improvised show.
Robert E. Howard (Bob) became President of the Greenville Tech Foundation in January 2008 and retired at the end of 2016. Prior to this position he had a 30 year career with Bank of America and had served as Executive Director of the Greenville Symphony Association for 9 seasons.
A native of Greenville, Howard is a graduate of Davidson College and holds his MBA and several banking degrees. He is a graduate of Leadership Greenville and Leadership South Carolina. He is a veteran of the U.S. Army and served in Vietnam.
He has served on a number of non-profit boards and is a Past President of the Greenville Area Development Corporation, South Carolina Philharmonic, the South Carolina Nature Conservancy, the South Carolina Student Loan Corporation, Leadership South Carolina, the Rose Ball and Trustus Theatre.
He currently serves on the boards of the Metropolitan Arts Council, Warehouse Theatre, SC Nature Conservancy, Greenville Symphony Endowment and First Baptist Church Endowment. He is a Trustee of Faith Memorial Chapel in Cedar Mountain, N.C. and is a member of the Greenville Downtown Rotary Club. He
is a former Commissioner for the Greenville Water System.
He is a graduate of the Southeastern School of Auctioneering, the Professional Ringman’s Institute and is a licensed auctioneer. He is an honor graduate of the Buckley School of Public Speaking and a graduate of Professional Santa Claus School in Denver, Colorado.
In 1999 Governor Hodges awarded him the Order of the Palmetto. In 2010 the South Carolina Arts Commission awarded him the Elizabeth O’Neill Verner Award. In 2017 Greenville High School added him to their Alumni Wall of Honor.
Howard is married and has one daughter.
The Alchemy Comedy Theater runs shows every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night at 7:30pm and 9:00pm in Greenville’s iconic Coffee Underground theater. Street parking is available as well as several nearby parking garages.
al·che·my [ˈal-kə-mē] a power or process of transforming something common into something special
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- South Carolina Surpasses 1,000 new Covid-19 Infections Friday
- Prisma receives first doses of Johnson & Johnson vaccine, plans to use them for SC's homebound and homeless
- Deputies ask for help locating Candler man who went missing 4 days ago
- Here's how you can bid to pick a name for the Greenville Zoo's new baby giraffe
- Supreme Court ruling increases difficulty for some immigrants to avoid deportation
- Let the bidding begin! Greenville Zoo to give new giraffe calf naming rights to highest bidder
- 'Cherish every day with them:' Man sees mom in-person for the first time since the pandemic
- States shift to vaccinate those in their 50s against COVID-19 as supply expands
- Daring rescues show first responders and everyday Americans stepping up to save lives
- Greenville Zoo Announces Auction for Right to Name Baby Giraffe