Local Legends is the Alchemy Comedy Theater’s flagship weekly improv show. Every Friday night a different local legend (person of note) tells their own local legends (personal stories) to inspire this fully improvised show.
The Afterword is a podcast dedicated to helping teachers, parents, writers, and librarians use the art and science of story to reach a broad audience of readers and students more effectively. If you’re looking to overcome the barriers your students, family, and readers face, or to learn best practices from story makers and subject matter experts, this show is for you.
Each episode features an interview with a teacher, novelist, librarian, academic expert, or researcher discussing topics like: disability, board games, genealogy, illustration, libraries of the future, STEM education, social studies education, robotics, propaganda, diverse books, windows and mirrors, and more.
The Alchemy Comedy Theater runs shows every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night at 7:30pm and 9:00pm in Greenville’s iconic Coffee Underground theater. Street parking is available as well as several nearby parking garages.
al·che·my [ˈal-kə-mē] a power or process of transforming something common into something special
Upstate News Headlines
- Buehler leads Dodgers over Rays 6-2 for 2-1 Series lead
- Charlie Morton Flips His Own Postseason Narrative in Game 3
- ‘Darkest days in history’: Expert reacts to Covid-19 milestone
- South Korean officials find ‘no direct link’ between flu vaccine and recent deaths
- Bodycam shows Texas deputy saving 20-day-old baby that stopped breathing
- Crew killed when US Navy training aircraft crashes in Alabama
- Funeral held for Greenville County deputy killed in the line of duty
- Ghost story: Elizabeth of Trinity Episcopal Church
- National Drug Take back Day is Saturday
- The nation’s top expert on infectious disease has said before that he didn’t think a federal law would work, but now Covid-19 cases are surging