Could you survive to the end of a classic Halloween movie?
Well now’s your chance to find out as you learn authentic Krav Maga combat to stay alive! Grab a friend and join our instructors for a fun, hands-on outdoor self-defense seminar that focuses on survival when classic Halloween killers are on the loose. From abductions to chokeholds and knives to guns, learn step-by-step how to effectively defend against a series of deadly attacks. At the end of the seminar, you will have the chance to put your new skills to the test by fending off attackers in The Phantom’s Gauntlet.
This seminar is for teens and adults ages 13 and up and is an introduction to both beginner and advanced Krav Maga technique. No previous experience necessary and all skill levels welcome!
What should I expect at the Killer Encounters seminar?
We ask all students to arrive 10-15 minutes early for check in.
The seminar will take place outside with social distancing in place between training partners – so be sure to bring a friend! Masks will not be required. In case of inclement weather, the seminar will take place inside. The Phantom’s Gauntlet will be an indoor 3-minute immersive drill that reviews all techniques learned with students defending against various ‘attackers’. This will be a fun but very carefully controlled environment, and attackers will be wearing a face mask when in close proximity with students. After completing the Gauntlet, students will receive a souvenir photo and certificate of completion.
We encourage students to wear loose and comfortable clothes that allow for easy movement. Krav Maga by nature is a high-contact combat system and we suggest bringing a water bottle, sweat towel, and protective cup for men.
What exactly is Krav Maga?
Used by Israel’s military, Krav Maga is a contact combat system that incorporates natural instincts with practical techniques and realistic training scenarios to end an attack as quickly as possible. This real-world practicality makes Krav Maga the best and most efficient self-defense system in the world, allowing anyone to quickly learn and utilize Krav Maga, regardless of physical stature or ability.
Our instructors are also held to the highest standards of authentic instruction and technique through the Krav Maga Association which communicates directly with the Israel Defense Forces. Any changes made by the IDF to Krav Maga technique is sent out to all instructors, and ongoing training is held as a priority. Our Phantom Krav Maga instructors also exclusively teach Krav Maga, never mixing in another self-defense system or martial art form.
Upstate News Headlines
- The Morning News honors real-life superheroes of 2020 for Halloween
- Mayor: Rising COVID-19 cases in Greenville very concerning
- Power outages continue across Upstate, Mountains
- Texas early voting totals exceed total number of ballots cast during 2016 election
- Spartanburg Regional offering free flu shots at drive-thru clinic on Friday and Saturday
- Deputies: Man who went missing 9 days ago found unharmed
- FBI involved in investigation at UNC Asheville campus dorm
- Health officials warn COVID-19 cases ‘headed in wrong direction’ in Greenville County
- Strong Aegean Sea earthquake topples buildings in Turkey
- Watch Live: City of Greenville host joint media briefing on COVID-19 Cases, the Holidays and Vaccine