New South Comedy Festival
10 days. 10 workshops. 24 shows. 250 performers! From November 7-16th, improvisors, stand-up comedians, and sketch comedy guests from across the country will converge on Greenville, SC for the 6th Annual New South Comedy Festival.
Seating is limited, so it’s always wise to pre-purchase your tickets online. All shows will be at the Alchemy Comedy Theater in downtown Greenville, SC. Street parking is available (if you’re lucky), along with several nearby parking garages.
Comedy workshops will be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on both weekends.
IMPROV COMEDY featuring The Mothers (Columbia, SC), Syndication (Greenville, SC), and Aftermath (Asheville, NC)
Made up of graduates of improv comedy training programs in Chicago and New York, at Clemson University and the University of South Carolina, and other institutions across the nation, The Mothers comedy group makes their home at Trustus Theatre in downtown Columbia, South Carolina. In their fourth season, The Mothers have sketch and improv shows, as well as recurring monthly performances at the Columbia Museum of Art as part of the First Thursdays series and recurring events at the Richland Library. Their dedication to community-focused comedy has borne results: in September, the group was recognized as runners-up in the category of “Best Comedian(s)” from readers of Columbia’s long-running weekly paper, The Free Times. The second-funniest group in Columbia is grateful for the opportunity to be featured in the New South Comedy Fest for the very first time! Cast includes: Abigail McNeely, Jon Whit McClinton, Rob Bockman, Russell Sanders, Dan Freeman, Amir Jenkins, Jennifer Hill, and Kayla Machado.
Syndication is an independent team assosciated with the Alchemy Comedy Theater that performs a live tv show inspired by 80’s and 90’s tv shows full of energy and sound cues. Cast includes: Larry Simonson, Jenn Maness, Manus Clancy, Ben Burris, and Andrew Van.
Matt Peiken and Haley Bri Cohen perform longform storytelling in a seamless narrative in Aftermath. Characters reveal their pasts, reckon with the present and confront the future. Peiken and Cohen were members of the resident troupe of the Asheville Improv Collective when, in spring 2018, they formed their duo. In addition to frequent performances through AIC, they have also performed at the invitation of the New South Comedy Festival and Central Florida Improv Festival, in Orlando.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Event capacity restrictions lifted in South Carolina
- Man rescued after 70-foot fall from NC mountain
- Greenville Commerce Club to close after almost 40 years
- Greenville Drive Announce 2021 Schedule
- 'This will help us': Vaccination clinic opens in Upstate, mobile unit to assist in rural parts of county
- Slain police officer was wounded for more than an hour before help, SLED report says
- Senate confirms Cardona as Biden's education secretary
- Hospital system to relax visitor policies starting March 2, hospital says
- Firefighter making ‘remarkable’ recovery after surviving COVID-19, getting lung transplant
- Clemson University moves graduation to Greenville; decision could cost Clemson economy millions