New South Comedy Festival
10 days. 10 workshops. 24 shows. 250 performers! From November 7-16th, improvisors, stand-up comedians, and sketch comedy guests from across the country will converge on Greenville, SC for the 6th Annual New South Comedy Festival.
Seating is limited, so it’s always wise to pre-purchase your tickets online. All shows will be at the Alchemy Comedy Theater in downtown Greenville, SC. Street parking is available (if you’re lucky), along with several nearby parking garages.
Comedy workshops will be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on both weekends.
IMPROV COMEDY featuring The Bed (Atlanta, GA) and Kenny/Rogers (Austin, TX)
The Bed was created sometime in the 2000s in Los Angeles by Robert Mello. Robert is featured in the book, “The Art of Chicago Long Form Improv” – for his groundbreaking working combining the Meisner acting technique with improvisation. His first use of this combination was “Naked” (directed in collaboration with Kevin Mullaney) – which featured improv greats Jimmy Carrane and Stephanie Weir performing one scene for one hour. This production will feature some of Atlanta and Chicago’s very best improvisers. 8 improvisers. 4 scenes. 1 bed.
Kenny/Rogers is not Kenny Rogers. Kenny/Rogers is an improv duo from Austin, Texas, that has a distinct slash in their name. Kenny/Rogers is wickedly funny, delightful, young and virile. Kenny/Rogers is highly audience interactive and they’ll bust through the imaginary fourth wall that separates the actors and the audience. Kenny/Rogers might make you pee a little bit because you’ll be laughing so hard. Kenny Rogers is an old singer guy with white hair. Kenny Rogers (probably) won’t make you pee. So just to be clear, you’re coming to see Kenny/Rogers, that’s Kenny and Rogers, not Kenny Rogers. Got it? Good. Cast includes: Kenny Madison and Heidi Rogers.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Week ahead: 4 stories to know
- AMBER Alert issued for missing North Carolina girl
- VMI upsets Furman in SoCon tournament, 91-90
- Community members protest over body camera footage of man's head shut in car door, demand deputy be fired and charged
- 'Very, very helpful': Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama gets vaccine shot
- Mercer upsets Wofford in SoCon tournament, 62-61
- Trump says he'll campaign against Murkowski in Alaska next year
- Furman rallies from 17 down, beats Samford 44-37 in OT
- Gamecocks top Tennessee to reach SEC final
- Clemson No. 5 seed for ACC Tournament