New South Comedy Festival
10 days. 10 workshops. 24 shows. 250 performers! From November 7-16th, improvisors, stand-up comedians, and sketch comedy guests from across the country will converge on Greenville, SC for the 6th Annual New South Comedy Festival.
Seating is limited, so it’s always wise to pre-purchase your tickets online. All shows will be at the Alchemy Comedy Theater in downtown Greenville, SC. Street parking is available (if you’re lucky), along with several nearby parking garages.
Comedy workshops will be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on both weekends.
IMPROV COMEDY features Orange Tuxedo (Los Angeles, CA) and Alchemy’s Local Legends All-stars
Orange Tuxedo is a two person improv show from a husband and wife team who, collectively, have been doing improv for seven hundred years. They perform “Close Quarters”, with a focus on creating grounded relationships formed by eccentric characters. If you like comedy, you may have seen Craig Cackowski wear various mustaches and costume pieces on Comedy Central’s Drunk History. If you like drunken history, you may have seen Carla Cackowski drink various beers on Instagram. They perform regularly at The Second City in Hollywood and recently traveled to Austin for the Out of Bounds Comedy Festival (2015), SF Sketchfest (San Francisco 2016, 2017, 2018), Phoenix Improv Festival (2016), Del Close Marathon (NYC 2016), Stumptown Improv Fest (Portland 2016, 2017), Detroit Improv Festival (2016, 2017), IF Cincinnati (2016), Denver Improv Festival (2016), Providence Improv Festival (2017), Orange County Improv Fest (2017, 2018), San Francisco Improv Festival (2017), Seattle Festival of Improvisation (2018), and London, UK (2016).
Upstate News Headlines
- Tuesday Shout-Out: A Day Trip to Saluda, NC
- President Trump, Joe Biden make dualing pitches to Midwest in final leg of campaign
- California braces for more fire danger from winds
- Bomb at seminary in Pakistan kills 7 students, wounds 112
- Seth Meyers Takes a Closer Look at How Trump Has Given Up on the Coronavirus
- 'Need has never been greater,' United Way of the Piedmont runs Thanksgiving food drive
- Analysis: Barrett’s confirmation triggers prime time GOP celebration
- Family of Greenville nightclub shooting victim speaks out
- 90,000 people told to evacuate because of wildfires in Southern California
- British study shows evidence of waning immunity to Covid-19