On Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019, NGU’s Health Science will host the Health Science Medical Missions 5K on the Tigerville Campus at 7801 N. Tigerville Road in Tigerville. Funds raised at this event will be used to send NGU’s Health Science undergraduates to Nicaragua along with NGU’s PA Medicine program cohort in Spring 2020.
The entry fee for each participant is $20 plus a $2.85 handling fee. Children 12 and under can participate in a one-mile Fun Run at no charge. Registration for the Fun Run will take place on-site the morning of the event. Race number pickup will begin at 7 a.m. and the 5K will start time at 8:30 a.m. Kids Fun Run to follow.
Also, Health Science will be collecting donations for hygiene bags to give to the Nicaraguan people. For more information about the mission trip and hygiene items needed, visit www.ngu.edu/pa-missions-abroad. For more information about the 5K contact Aly Estes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upstate News Headlines
- Ghost story: Ghosts make mischief at Greenwood's museum
- Scientists find elusive chameleon last seen 100 years ago
- Greenville County Sheriff’s Office investigating car burning in CVS parking lot
- Days before election, Graham, Harrison debate for final time
- State leaders facing 2nd wave resist steps to curb virus
- Study: 1 to 2 million tons of US plastic trash go astray
- Stocks just wrapped up their worst week since March
- How one summer camp's freewheeling approach led to 118 coronavirus cases
- CDC lifts ban on cruises and paves way for return to sailing
- Deputies searching for missing girls in Pickens