This weekly show brings some of Greenville’s best long-form improvisors together with a classic format called the Harold. Starting with a suggestion from the audience, our performers will create a 20 to 30 minute theatrical show on the spot. Sometimes it’ll feel like a play and othertimes like a dream: the scenes build, push, crash, and fold into each other… themes, characters, patterns, and ideas all might appear and reappear… the original suggestion might come back into focus in surpising ways. But you never know—and neither do we!
This week, Syndication, the improvised TV show, will open up the show and Haymaker—Alchemy’s weekly Harold team—will close out the night with their own take on the classic Harold format.
Haymaker features Ben Burris, Erin Collins, Harrison Brookie, Jenn Maness, Manus Clancy, and Steven Crane.
The Harold is not only the show that got long-form started, it’s also the foundation of the classes we offer in our training center! The Harold was developed by Del Close and Charna Halpern in the 1960’s at the iO Theater in Chicago and is now performed in improv comedy theaters from LA to NYC and everywhere in between. Famous comedians like Chris Farley, Mike Meyers, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and many others started their career with Harold-based improvisation and continue to use the style today.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Watch: WW2 bomb detonated after homes evacuated
- Man Accused Of Trying To Bury Wife Alive At San Diego Beach
- Deadly gas station shooting caught on camera
- 8-year-old starts business to raise money for homeless children
- SC Bars and restaurants preparing for more crowds after Gov. McMaster lifts ‘Last Call Order’
- SC DHEC Reports 1,112 new COVID-19 cases in SC, 442,957 total
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Cat that vanished 15 years ago is reunited with owner
- Swamp Rabbits Win 6-4 Saturday Night
- #16 South Carolina vs #22 Clemson: Gamecocks WIN IN Extra Innings