This weekly show brings some of Greenville’s best long-form improvisors together with a classic format called the Harold. Starting with a suggestion from the audience, our performers will create a 20 to 30 minute theatrical show on the spot. Sometimes it’ll feel like a play and othertimes like a dream: the scenes build, push, crash, and fold into each other… themes, characters, patterns, and ideas all might appear and reappear… the original suggestion might come back into focus in surpising ways. But you never know—and neither do we!
This week, Epic will open up the show and Haymaker—Alchemy’s weekly Harold team—will close out the night with their own take on the classic Harold format.
Epic is coached by Jeremiah Jones and features Jacki Flynn, Emily Kelly, Walter Ezell, Mona Lisa Harrison, Melissa Wright, Katie Steenerson, and Will Hixon.
Haymaker features Ben Burris, Burke Brown, Ruth Aronoff, Nicole McAden, Manus Clancy, and Steven Crane.
The Harold is not only the show that got long-form started, it’s also the foundation of the classes we offer in our training center! The Harold was developed by Del Close and Charna Halpern in the 1960’s at the iO Theater in Chicago and is now performed in improv comedy theaters from LA to NYC and everywhere in between. Famous comedians like Chris Farley, Mike Meyers, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and many others started their career with Harold-based improvisation and continue to use the style today.
Upstate News Headlines
- ‘Bubble Dining’ Trends for NYC Outdoor Restaurants | NBC New York
- How Safe Are Outdoor Dining Bubbles?
- 15 GIANT Animals You Didn’t Know Existed!
- Election cake — a centuries-old tradition — makes going to the polls tastier
- TOP 3 Scary Movies to Stream for Halloween 2020 // Mike’s Haunted Picks
- Underrated Horror Movies to Stream Online |31 Days of Halloween
- Week 8 fantasy player rankings | Fantasy Focus Live!
- Hillary Clinton says she is an Electoral College elector in New York
- Tracking Zeta: Tropical storm warning for our area
- Doing Halloween at home with Aldi