This weekly show brings some of Greenville’s best long-form improvisors together with a classic format called the Harold. Starting with a suggestion from the audience, our performers will create a 20 to 30 minute theatrical show on the spot. Sometimes it’ll feel like a play and othertimes like a dream: the scenes build, push, crash, and fold into each other… themes, characters, patterns, and ideas all might appear and reappear… the original suggestion might come back into focus in surpising ways. But you never know—and neither do we!
This week, Epic will open up the show and Haymaker—Alchemy’s weekly Harold team—will close out the night with their own take on the classic Harold format.
Epic is coached by Jeremiah Jones and features Jacki Flynn, Emily Kelly, Walter Ezell, Mona Lisa Harrison, Melissa Wright, Katie Steenerson, and Will Hixon.
Haymaker features Alrinthea Carter, Joe Guy, Ruth Aronoff, Nicole McAden, Manus Clancy, Steven Crane, and Callie Sharon.
The Harold is not only the show that got long-form started, it’s also the foundation of the classes we offer in our training center! The Harold was developed by Del Close and Charna Halpern in the 1960’s at the iO Theater in Chicago and is now performed in improv comedy theaters from LA to NYC and everywhere in between. Famous comedians like Chris Farley, Mike Meyers, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and many others started their career with Harold-based improvisation and continue to use the style today.
Upstate News Headlines
- IRS releases 2021 tax brackets. How do they compare to 2020?
- Kushner bragged in April that Trump was taking the country ‘back from the doctors’
- See moment loose barge nearly crashes with boat
- Seven new charges brought against adult film star Ron Jeremy
- Top US Covid expert Dr Anthony Fauci praises Victoria's attitude towards mask-wearing – video
- Sewage testing shows a country flush with coronavirus cases
- Food writer serves teeny, tiny tacos to chipmunk
- Federal government says it will pay for any future coronavirus vaccine for all Americans
- Zoo: Azizi, calf of April the giraffe, dies
- At least 13 killed and dozens missing after Typhoon Molave lashes Vietnam