Ray Christian is a storyteller, whose storytelling began while reading for his illiterate parents at age 10. When Ray speaks, people listen, because Ray magically weaves together personal experiences of deep pain and doubt with innocence and childlike hope. A regular contributor to The Moth, Ray won the 2016 National Storytelling Festival Story Slam. He hosts the podcast “What’s Ray Saying?” Watch Ray tell a story in this short film produced by Capita Co-Founder, Brandon Hinman.
All proceeds benefit Capita, a non-profit ideas lab working to ensure a future in which all children and families flourish. Capita is powered by the social innovation team at Openfields.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Furman Takes the Court Saturday Night at SoCon Men’s Basketball Championship
- Statewide tornado drill set for March 10 during Severe Weather Awareness Week in SC
- Upstate sailor using welding skills highlighted in Navy photo
- Takeaways: What hearings have revealed about Jan. 6 failures
- Another Trump on the ballot? Lara Trump eyes Senate seat
- OPEC, allies keep oil output unchanged, prices jump
- Autopsy: Serial killer known as the 'I-5 Strangler' was strangled himself in California prison
- COVID-19 pandemic sparks new ways of building community for LGBTQ Americans
- Here's what happens next as the Senate prepares to debate the $1.9 trillion relief bill
- Special health care enrollment now open until May 15